1.2.3/1.2.5/1.2.7 Audio description for prerecorded video (part 1)
This guideline is given at all three levels:
1.2.3 Level A - provide audio description or a text alternative
1.2.5 Level AA - provide audio description - this generally fits between existing audio/dialogue
1.2.7 Level AAA - provide extended audio description (this is where the video pauses to give more information to the user in a longer audio description that wouldn't fit neatly between existing audio
Audio description (AA)
Choosing a video
Where to begin
- Title: Lockdown with Liggy
- Liggy is putting her head inside the washing machine, removing items of clothing and putting them in a basket next to the machine.
- At the end, Liggy spins the drum to make sure she hasn't missed anything, and then shuts the washing machine door.
- Liggy picks up a walking stick which has fallen on the floor and returns it to her partner.
- Liggy fetches the phone from its holder on a shelf and takes it carefully to her partner.
- Liggy picks up the TV remote control from the floor and takes it to her partner.
- Liggy tugs her partner's socks off and gives them back to her.
- Liggy lifts the footplate on the stair lift.
- Liggy lies down at the bottom of the stairs and waits for her partner to go up on the stair lift. When her partner gets to the top, she runs up the stairs and lifts the footplate.
- Liggy's partner is in a wheelchair, unlocking an outbuilding. She drops the key. Liggy picks up the key and returns it to her.
- The partner comes into the house through the back door. [Liggy shut the door.] Once she is through, Liggy closes the door by tugging a rope which is attached to the door handle.
- Liggy runs to the front door, picks up a large brown envelope from the door mat and brings it to her partner.
- Liggy and her partner are sitting together on a garden swing seat. Liggy kisses her partner and her partner strokes her and gives her lots of cuddles.