Popplet

This tool is similar to Padlet in some ways. It's a mindmapping tool. I used it to create a visual representation of my Personal Learning Environment, which looks like this...

Popplet (mindmap) showing all the stuff I learn with online

If you've never used it before, why not give it a go. You need to register but it's free to use.


 Getting started

When you first log in, you arrive at your home page, which shows you all your existing Popplets. You can also see loads of public ones and some of them are quite interesting.

Popplet welcome screen

Click on 'make new popplet' and then this screen will pop up. Give your popplet a name. Hopefully you will be a little more adventurous than me. Also pick a background screen colour.

Make a new popplet

I picked pink. It is very pink. I'd better start filling it with new popples. Just click on the screen and a popple will appear.

New blank popplet

Adding Popples

You can type in your popples and change the font size. You can also change the colours of the outline boxes like this...

Popplet with 4 new popples

Adding Images/Video

You can add images by clicking on that little mountain icon and then on the computer icon that I've circled below.

Adding images

Keep going, adding bits and pieces until all your thoughts are poured out.

Popplet with images

Okay, I've made a start on this one to show you how it's done but really I prefer my PLE one at the top. Of course, in an educational context, the possibilities for this are endless. You can have several people working on a collaborative Popplet, so think group projects and sharing of ideas. You can have names turned on or off. Give it a go and see what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For anyone who's ever wondered what's inside a computer

Articulate 360 - Storyline

1.4.3 Contrast (minimum)