Welcome to 'Finnberry Does Ed Tech'

I wouldn't describe myself as an avid blogger but I do like to pour out my thoughts and share them with the entire world from time to time. I started blogging in 2008, just before we moved to Finland. It was a good way of recording an exciting time of our lives but it also provided a reflective tool and I think that's what got me into blogging as a long-term thing. Since then, I've blogged as part of my course work and I still have my main personal blog about wheelchair use and disability. Now, I'm starting this one and it's more about putting myself out there as an e-learning professional, building my network and having the potential to create a portfolio of my work.

Reflection is my starting point. Way back in 2015, when I started studying a module called The Networked Practitioner, I had a bit of a think about reflective writing and I came up with this little picture to remind me what it's all about. I have it on the wall just above my monitor and I look at it often.

An infographic to show various aspects of reflective writing: experience, personal, feelings, critical stance, perspective and outcome.

First posts, I always find a bit awkward. I feel like a first post should be really striking and engaging, which this probably isn't, but it gives a bit of background and hopefully sets the scene for where this blog might go in the future.

Oh, one last thing... I don't fit neatly into one educational context. I started in primary and have worked in state, private, tuition, international, secondary and now, further education. So don't be surprised to find me writing about phonics or early maths one day and adult learning courses the next. I like to think that makes me flexible and gives me a better understanding of how one phase impacts on the next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For anyone who's ever wondered what's inside a computer

Articulate 360 - Storyline

Time for change